Monday, March 8, 2010

Year of the Pie - Pie #34 Divine Lime Pie

Before we get into the pie, I wanted to talk just a bit about quilts.
I like quilts. I like to make quilts. I like to look at quilt fabric. I like to hand stitch them.
If quilts had feelings, I think they would be excited as they were being made. They would be looking forward to the day all of the stitching would be done and they could do what they were created to do. Keep some one cozy. They would be at their happiest wrapped all around someone. I think they would be at their saddest, displayed on a wall (I had one on my wall for about 7 years), or display case. Never being cuddled. Some of the prettiest quilts I have seen are certainly the saddest....on display and never used.
Such is the life of a pie, as well, I believe. If they had feelings they would they would find joy in coming together in a mixing bowl or baking in an oven or chilling in the fridge. Their final joy would be taking a ride on a fork to a gaping dark hole-destination unknown. Their saddest day would be not becoming complete or being eaten.
Such was the fate of this week's pie.
Divine Lime Pie.
A tragic ending.
The meringue pie shell seemed to work out quite nicely. Baked it for 45 minutes and then let it sit in the oven for another 45 without opening the door. It was slightly browned and stiff and easily broken off and airy inside and it seemed happy.
But the filling didn't turn out so well. I can't tell you where it all went wrong nor will I try to make an excuse for it.....I just know things didn't turn out well. At all.
So, there you have it...this week's pie took the same trail as Pie #10, Fried Apple Pie.
It didn't even make it out of the pie plate.

Until Next Time!

No comments:

Post a Comment