Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Square Foot Gardening

My sister, R. did a square foot garden project last year and it turned out nicely for her.
These two sisters did a square foot garden project together in different parts of the country.
This year we thought we would give it a try.
My husband is so good to humor me whenever I get a little whim going. I hope it isn't a whim. I really want it to work.
Anyway, this Mel Bartholomew fella must be a Ga-Zillionaire.
He seems to have worked really hard on his technique.


The hardest part for us was, not building the raised boxes, but finding the ingredients for 'the mix'. Vermiculite is expensive. We compromised a bit with the vermiculite mix, but we were able to get peat moss and compost.
So our Mix, won't be exactly like The Mix.
I will be posting pictures of our little adventure.


Before I sign off for today, I want to say how proud I am of my friend Ty.
The pounds are dropping off of that gal and she has given me much needed encouragement to keep walking-getting into shape. So, Ty.....Congratulations!!!

Until Next Time.

No comments:

Post a Comment