Saturday, March 20, 2010

Fishin'

Folks in these parts fish in the wintertime with an auger, a little house (sometimes), and a little fire (sometimes). I have never been ice fishing.
My wintertime fishin' came yesterday. It was sunny and 65º. Stopped at the bait store and bought a little container of bee moths. (sp)
Apparently, they are mighty tasty this time of year.
My daughter went along with me for the ride and general lounging in the nice weather.
My sister, G., stopped down with her fishing pole.
Now we both can say we have been fishin' in the wintertime.
Between the two of us we only caught 1 little fish. He got thrown back.
I got stung by some monstrous thing with a stinger that made its way up my pant leg to my knee.
I was doing the achy-breaky heart dance til I was able to pull my pants down and my sister removed the stinger. I never could find the culprit.
Yes, I pulled my pants down in public. The driver of the car passing by was gonna have to deal with it. lol It was necessary.
I had my good underwear on. :)
My sister said that she got stung one time and her husband chewed up some tobacco and made a poultice and applied it to her wound.
So, off she went to chewing up some tobacco from her cigarette.
It almost made her sick.
But surprisingly, after the initial burn/sting of it being applied, the stung area didn't get red and puffy.
When I got put my jammies on later, I took the band aid off and removed the tobacco and it looked really good. Cleaned it with peroxide.
Went to bed.
This morning it is a bit puffy and read and warm. But I think I will live.

Until Next Time......

3 comments:

  1. Quite a story! WOW! I will always make sure to have a good pair of under garments on when I leave the house. tehe! ;)
    I love the way you write, it puts a smile on my face every time!
    Love ya Lou!
    Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could start a new campaign. "Make sure you wear good undies. Coz, you never know what might happen!"

    This will be one of those stories I think we will remember for quite some time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete