Sunday, March 7, 2010

The Best Breakfast - EVER


My sisters and mother and even daughter, tend to not measure ingredients when they cook.
I, myself, am a measurer!
I measure the ingredient exactly.
I have watched my mom make gravy forever, but never took the time to learn to make it until the last couple of years. (probably a good thing...because I LOVE gravy)
I learned from the Betty Crocker cookbook. Betty says to measure ACCURATELY to avoid lumpy gravy. So I measure ACCURATELY. Much to my girl relatives' surprise, one Tuesday afternoon they found that I measured things out to make gravy. Oh, the horror on their faces. "you don't measure" they said...."you just judge it".
Well, I still measure and I measured this morning when I made my favorite gravy in all the world. I could founder on this stuff.
Hotdog gravy friends. If you haven't tried it...you just ain't been livin'.

Until Next Time



1 comment:

  1. yum! I am a measurer too!

    Blessings!
    Joyce Marie

    ReplyDelete