Sunday, March 28, 2010

Year of the Pie - Pie #37 Spinach Cheese Pie




My husband called this pie Popeye Pot Pie. It is kind of like a pot pie with spinach.


It calls for a two crust pastry and a big ol' cheesy filling.
You know how to do the crusts, now here is how you do the pie.

10 ounces of frozen, chopped, thawed,drained & dried...spinach.
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
15 ounces ricotta cheese
8 ounces mozzarella cheese
1 C. grated parmesan cheese
2 C. diced cheddar cheese

Combine all of these ingredients and place it in crust lined pie plate. Then cover with the top crust. I put a few slits in the top crust (but the recipe didn't call for it-it turned out o.k.).
Bake at 350° for 40 minutes or more. I actually baked mine about 10-15 minutes more, til I smelled spinach.
We took it to church. Cut it into 12 pieces. They all found new homes in various bellies.
It was well liked and a friend suggested even putting a cup of diced ham in as well. That sounded tasty.

I don't care for spinach in real life, but in this pie, it was not bad and I actually ate a piece. (Surprised Mom???)-So was I.
Chris liked it a lot.
Maggie...said...."you made a spinach pie?" Needless to say....she did not partake. lol






Until Next Time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment