Sunday, May 23, 2010

Year of the Pie - Pie #44 Peach Cream Pie

This pie recipe was given to us by my daughter's great-Aunt Italene.
I think it is a very nice pie to represent the Kyle Petty Pie #44. My dear husband is quite interested in all things "pie", and he purchased some Butter Flavored Crisco. Here it is posing with my Ball Blue Book. A very handy book indeed.

Here is the crust made with said ingredient.

Lovely little peaches.

Boil some water and drop the peaches in gently and let them float around for 30-60 second and then dip then in ice water. I let them sit there until I get ready to peel them. I peeled them and put them in my spare pie pan to get a feel for how many to use. I think I ended up using about 10. They were small. Probably 5 cups.

Here they are posing in the crust. I removed about 3/4 cup to lighten the load.


Pour the cream mixture over the peaches.

Then sprinkle a bit of cinnamon over the entire pie.
Please note: After the pie baked, I feel like I used too much cream mixture. So mix it and the pour over the pie somewhere in between the above picture and this picture.

Baked pie.

We took the pie to church. When I cut it I realized it didn't set up well. Thus the adjustment to above mention of cream mixture.
But, this pie was very very tasty and there is absolutely no reason why one could not eat a pie out of a bowl. :)


Complete Pie Recipe.

Prepare one 9-inch pie crust. Put it in the plate and stick it in the fridge for about 1/2 hour.
Combine: 1 C. sugar, 2 T. cornstarch, 1 small container of whipping cream, but do not whip.
[This may be where I went wrong, I used heavy cream instead-just because I bought the wrong kind] I took the 'one small container' to be the little one-cup carton.
Slice the peeled & pitted peaches. Place in crust and pour the cream mixture over it, move it around a bit so the mixture can blend in.
Sprinkle with cinnamon.
Bake 350° for 45 minutes or until peaches are done.
I baked mine for almost an hour.

Thanks Italene.

Only 8 pies to go. :)

1 comment: