Friday, May 28, 2010

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Pi Shawl-Plain, #6 update



The front and back of said shawl. It measures about 24 inches across in it's folded in half form. Another ten rounds of plain knitting. add a border and it should be done. After it is finished and blocked it should be much larger.

When I first saw the top picture I remarked to my husband that the shades in the yarn make it resemble the swirls of a galaxy. You may have to back up from the screen to see it better.

So that is my update after I finished skein #3 and just added #4. We did a rough calculation and the number of stitches that will have been knitted when I get to round 96 will be @ 73,719.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Wow...that is just beautiful! You are doing such a great job on this project. Your stitching looks so good. That's a lot of stitches...but worth every one.

    Have a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...I hope your daughter is feeling better soon. It is going to be just beautiful when your done. It's good that you have help.

    Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete