Monday, February 15, 2010

Where Do I Start?

It has been a very busy few days. Friday I took three young ladies to basket making class. They are all very talented at making them. Saturday, my husband dropped me off at our library so I could attend a "Learn to Spin Wool on A Drop Spindle" class. It is a skill that needs to be honed over time. It was a fun class and I brought some wool and a drop spindle home with me to practice more. Pictures will be forthcoming in the days to come. After that class my Mom picked me up and we drove to Kokomo, Indiana to the Best Buy......for the 4th time in a couple months. If you know me, you know that I don't care to 'ride' in a car. I get too nervous. I knitted like mad for all of those four trips. When she dropped me off at home, I arrived to find my husbands three grandkids who, much to my surprise, would be staying through til today. So here it is....'today'. I need to work on getting the computer working back up to pre-virus speed, laundry, and general cleaning. I DID walk this morning for the first time in about three weeks. It felt good. My hip did really well. I still feel like I have a bit of a head cold, but hopefully, it will go away soon.
Oh, yes, I had a little guest helper yesterday on the pie....so I will get a pie post up soon. You will be so surprised about this pie. To date, it is probably my favorite OVERALL pie to make. From making it, to the taste, to the MAGIC of this pie.
Stay tuned to this channel for further developements.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I've been learning to spin with a drop spindle too! You're definitely right about needing LOTS of practice! I've spun two skeins with sheep and llama wool, and now I'm attempting to knit some fingerless gloves with them. I'm still not sure what I think about this first attempt...

    I can't wait for the next pie! :)

    ReplyDelete