Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Knitting A Pair of Socks - Update #7 FINAL


Well, I did it. I finished the socks. They are a little pointy looking on the end (especially the first sock I did), but all in all I am quite pleased. I looked at a couple You Tube videos to really understand how the concept worked. The one I enjoyed the most while finishing the socks was this one. But then after the socks were finished I ran across this gal who explains it VERY well.
Maybe these two videos will help one of you with the kitchener stitch.

The above photo is my version of the kitchener stitch. Nine stitches over the top. The stitches running up at an angle are just decrease stitches. I think on the next sock project I will try to stop the decrease a bit earlier and then I would have a wider grafting area. It just seemed a little pointy.

They look real cute on Margaret.
The rug she is modeling on is as old as the hills. It belonged to my grandma.

This is how cute they look in her shoes. You can't even tell they are pointy.
I can say that if you are a stickler for your socks MATCHING exactly, you may not want to use Patons Camo colors.....I like them just fine.


4 comments:

  1. They are so beautiful! And when the toes are covered up...so much fun to wear. Thanks for making them...and a pre-thanks for helping me through my first pair for 4-H this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made my first pair of socks last winter...I thought they looked pointy at the toes too but I don't they they do when they are on your feet. Yours turned out beautiful. They look adorable with those shoes and skirt. I am wearing mine today. I have been afraid to wear mine...didn't want to wear them out :) I am just that way...I get something new and hold onto it to keep it good. I hate that about myself. I love the way homemade wool socks feel on my feet...warm and silky. I have tons of sock yarn just waiting for me...I just haven't gotten into it this winter.
    Job well done! What is next on your list to make?

    Blessings!
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the new blog. The socks are so cute.
    Missed my Dad today. Went to Mom and Dad's house, but he was not there. =-( Part of God's plan, to take him home. Dad was saved on Monday January 25th. God took him home on the 26th.
    Hope you are all fine. Take care. Will be looking in on your new blog often.
    Love
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete