Thursday, January 28, 2010

Ahhhh.

For the past six years I have been involved in a co-leader or leader position in my daughter's 4H club. It is hard for me to be a leader because I am not an "in front of people" type of gal. But we always muddled through it. On top of that I felt that the club and I just didn't quite click because we homeschooled and the only other homeschoolers were my nieces, B & E. We are not involved in the local government school corporation that 97% of the others were. Last year I decided I would enjoy 4H much better if I wasn't a leader. So my husband (also a leader) and I bowed out. My daughter is still in the same club, but we just are not leaders. So, this evening was the first meeting of the year and our new leaders had a good meeting and a good turn out. So happy for them and happier for me. We left the meeting, while people were still mingling afterward, and just walked to the truck....with out a care in the world. I am happy happy. Margaret has this year and two more years to go to make 10 years in 4H. I think we are gonna have a lot of fun. Hope you all have a great 4H year too (if you are into that).

Just so you know, it is 13° as I write. Should be a balmy 7° when we wake up tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. We are trying 4H this year for the first - well actually 2nd time. I tried it with Ted, many years ago, and it seemed that most of the meeting activities were for girls. The boys activities (shooting, etc.) were reserved for winter months (outdoor - hello!) and the regular meetings were geared toward cake decorating and stuff.
    So....I decided to give Collin a turn - and guess what? Hasn't changed much in 6-7 years!

    We have actually moved our membership to a smaller group and will try it for the first time in Feb. This group seems to be a little more creative. I hope it works!

    Congrats on the 10 years!

    Hey! You didn't mention a pie!!!

    ReplyDelete