Thursday, January 12, 2012

One of my latest projects is the stole from Elann.com. I am knitting mine in Cascades solid sock yarn. My daughter was kind enough to take time out of her hand sewing to hold a small portion of the stole to show its pattern. The color is Cerulean. I thought it would be a nice bright color. The pattern is easy, but if I drop one of the yarn overs from the previous row....I am in for it because I am not good at fixing yarn over errors.


Another thing I have been working on is practicing the concept of a top down sweater. Barbara G. Walker has a book called Knitting From The Top, that I have found most wonderful. Below is a practice yoke.
Below is the ribbing of a little hat that I am trying to write the pattern out for. I had a thought about a hat and knit one up and gave it away never dreaming of putting it on paper. So I decided to do another one and document the pattern in case I wanted to sell it.

Until Next Time. Stay warm. It is 15° here. The wind is howling.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! You are doing lots of the things I've thought of doing knitwise, just can't find the time!

    ReplyDelete