Friday, January 27, 2012

Gluten Free Breads..in my opinion.

We have found that instead of baking a loaf of g-f bread in a loaf pan...they turn out with a little more body if you use three 3 x 5 pans. Then I cut them long ways to resemble a larger piece of bread.


The bread in the back is the regular g-f bread while the bread in the front is almond bread. We slice this bread width-wise for little sandwiches.
Make basil butter (a little basil and a little butter), spread it on the little pieces of almond bread, then put a simple chicken salad dollop (we use canned g-f chicken and reg. mayonnaise-Hellmann's or Kirkland) and make a little sandwich. Quite tasty.
With Margaret being the only true gluten free eater here, I freeze the bread and she takes out what is needed-as needed.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Interesting! I am going to try starting my own sourdough.

      Delete
  2. Interesting. my aunt is gluten intolerant, and she is always complaining about how horrible the g-f bread is, even the one she makes herself. What recipe do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have recently been diagnosed with celiac disease. In Toronto, there is a great restaurant, Hibiscus Café, where I eat quite often. However, it only specializes in gluten-free buckwheat crêpes and homemade desserts. Lately, I´ve had the biggest craving for bread. All I wanted was toast with butter, sandwiches, grilled cheese sandwich, etc. The store bought gluten free bread was literally tasteless. I think I might start making bread myself. The almond one looks really good.

    ReplyDelete