Friday, July 16, 2010

Year of the Pie - Pie #52 Strawberry Rhubarb Pie



The last pie of our adventure is Strawberry Rhubarb.
I prefer a 'straight' rhubarb pie, but strawberries WERE on sale and it just seemed like I needed to make one because I never have.
It was a happy pie to make.
I like the colors.
Get your crusts ready.

Here are the ingredients.
1 1/3 C. sugar
1/3 C. flour
mix these together
2 heaping C. sliced strawberries
2 heaping C. rhubarb
mix these together
2 T. butter, diced small


Pour 1/2 of the strawberry/rhubarb mixture into the shell.
Sprinkle 1/2 of the sugar/flour mixture over it.
Pour the rest of the strawberry/rhubarb mixture over that and then sprinkle the rest of the sugar/flour mixture over that.
Dot with 2 T. butter.

Attach top crust. Place some steam escape holes.
Bake for 40-50 minutes at 425°




I just tasted it and it is kind of good. :)

I will be posting VERY soon about the hot pad/dishcloth drawing. So stay tuned.



No comments:

Post a Comment