Thursday, July 1, 2010

I Need Ventilation

When I first started my blogging adventure, my sister mentioned that she read an article about a gal who had to go to court to prove she had a medical condition or something. She had been blogging for some time, but she never mentioned her problem on her blog, because she wanted it to be happy and upbeat. The court questioned whether she had this ailment or not because she never once blogged about it over the course of time that she said she had it. My sister said we should just blog about everything.

I am going to do a bit of whining right now and show you my annoyed face.
I have mentioned before that I walk most mornings.
I don't put on my face or foo foo water and look all cute, like some gals do. I don't have a tan and wear tight cloths, like some gals do. I don't stop traffic is what I am trying to say. O.K. ?
I don't abuse my RIGHT to use the road, I try to stay on the white line, walk against traffic and very much appreciate drivers who give me my space and move over.
I even try to wear colors that don't blend with the background of green soy beans. (by the way, they are beautiful right now)
So you should have a picture of a law abiding, courteous, less than attractive walker, who tries to be seen.

O.K. This morning was the straw that broke the camel's back. I am blogging about this because I am afraid that the next time I meet up with the female driver of a white mini van, non Ford in make, I could be seriously hurt.
The weather was 59° (sorry Debbie) sunny and generally beautiful.
I saw the lady coming from a distance.....she was on the white line and driving quite fast.
I kept an eye on her, waiting to see if I needed to 'ditch it'. I kept walking. She kept driving. I wasn't trying to play chicken, I just wanted her to move over a bit...there were no other cars coming from either direction. As the vehicle bore down on me I decided she wasn't gonna move so at the last second, I stepped quickly into the side ditch and she flew by, never moving over an inch.
My feelings were hurt.
Upon arriving home and lamenting to my husband about this driver, he innocently said..."Do you think she saw you"?

My reply wasn't quite as sweet.

In MY mind, if you can't see this on the road, you shouldn't be driving.

Anyway, that is my venting for to day. If I die, please show this post to the authorities.
Thanks!
Until Next Time, maybe.

4 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. I always slow down and move over a little when passing pedestrians. I live rural too, and think some of these drivers are making sport of chasing me on the road. I like to walk too, and thought a few times that these trucks will take my head off with their mirrors. Crossing the street to get to my mailbox is quite an adventure. I had to run for my life on more than one occasion. People just don't pay attention because they are so preoccupied by their phones, and what not, that they can't be bothered to pay attention to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do think blogs should be about the good and the bad. Life isn't always upbeat, and blogs are about lives. Sometimes we can learn as much (or more) from someone's difficult/sad story. So sorry the driver was like that! There is no good excuse for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's hope it doesn't come to that! I don't blame you for venting- stay safe!

    P.S. What a world we live in where the courts would feel the need to try to disprove someone's ailments!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gave me the best laugh of the day! The only thing missing was you coming back onto the road and breaking out at light speed chasing her down. Now, that would be priceless. Sorry - I guess yesterday I had my fill of stupid people who shouldn't be on the road, so now I'm venting on your venting blog.

    Sooo glad you're safe. Maybe you should dress in lime green and orange and carry flares or something.

    ReplyDelete