Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Purple Cardigan

A month ago I didn't feel like knitting.
A few days after I left the hospital I started my first top down cardigan. I finished it yesterday and it is blocked and drying right now. It knit up fairly quickly. I did my first steek. A little scary but after viewing a few YouTubes on the subject, I went to work. It wasn't so hard. It has a pucker at the top that I must eliminate next time. I was able to use up some buttons that I bought a while ago just because I thought they were neat. Not until my husband saw them did I know that they represent Indian Head or Buffalo Nickels. I alternated them. So here is the sweater....just in time for our trip this Thursday to Wheaton, Illinois. We are going to the Family Economics Conference.









2 comments:

  1. Very nice! I can't believe how fast you knit! What is a steek? and what is the Family Economics Conference? Have fun! I can hardly wear the new sweater set I made since I started 5 years ago (and many pounds ago as well!) Slow knitting does not pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cardigan!

    Enjoy Wheaton :) my dear friend from High School attended Wheaton College, I went there for a few days to visit her once, way back when.

    Cara

    ReplyDelete