Sunday, September 19, 2010

EZ Mitered Mitten (Only One)



Remember when I practiced the thumb trick?
I took some wool and just practiced and practiced making thumbs.



The mitten was easy to knit.
This particular mitten is too big, so next time, smaller needles and different yarn.
I previously had knit up a hat with this wool and ripped it out because I didn't like it.
So I used it to practice the thumb trick and decided to go ahead and make a practice mitten out of it.


The are long and go half way up to the elbow bend.

See the thumb hiding there in the middle?

So, I like the mitten pattern, just not this wool. I love wool and have tried and tried to love this particular wool, to no avail.
So....I shall felt it and see if I love it then.

~Until Next Time~

4 comments:

  1. Keep up the good work! I knit some lace fingerless mittens this last winter. They are pictured somewhere on my blog! I took them to the fair. Hoping I win something! I've done some felting. I felted mittens, a sweater, shooter's gloves, and a purse. Happy felting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. IF you don't like them, maybe they could be used as an oven mitt. :)
    Have a great day!
    Marie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's really interesting. When I lived in Indiana, I prefered gloves to mittens most of the time-but wore both. Down here, it rarely gets cold enough for mittens or gloves (except for last winter)but I do still own a pair of both and a couple of warm hats, for those few days when we need them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! I love your mittens, I think they're lovely. I prefer mittens to gloves for some stange reason. I think it's because I like being able to wiggle my fingers inside! I must try EZ's mitered mittens soon.

    ReplyDelete