Friday, June 25, 2010

Year of the Pie - Pie #48 Black Raspberry Pie

Here is some very interesting info on the black raspberry.

To make Black RaspberryPie you first need to get one of these.
( A person willing to pick them in the wild)

We recently had a "wild game" supper at church and with my little pie thing going on he wondered if I would make a pie if he picked the berries. I said I would and a few days before the supper of rabbit, squirrel, salmon, and other various fish he brought over about 4 Cups of wild berries. In my mind I thought they were blackberries, but he said they were raspberries. Haven't made a raspberry pie yet, so here I am.....making a post about it.

After you get your berries, let everyone in the family eat ONE. Then in unison say...."MMMMM"

"MMMM"


Roll out and chill two crusts.
At his point I am just grinnin' like a possum.

For the filling combine 1 C. sugar and 1/3 C. flour, turn into the berries, mixing well. Put in the pie shell, dot with 2 T. diced up butter. Attach the top crust, flute and bake at 425° for 45-55 minutes give or take. Take care not to let the crust burn.

The berry picker told me he was never so proud of a pie in his life.
He says he may pick some mulberries next.

Hope you enjoy this pie!
(If you can't get wild berries, store bought will probably suffice)

Until Next Time!

2 comments:

  1. next time you have raspberries, try mixing them with tart apples for your pie... that is my dad's favorite!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm.... looks so good! Sounds simple! Yummy Yummy ; )

    ReplyDelete