Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Elizabeth Zimmermann's Pi Shawl-Plain, #7 update



Sideways border.

After knitting 'until you are tired of it', or in this case 96 rounds of 576 stitches, you 'knit on' x number of stitches. Yikes. My dau. had shown me how to knit on several months ago, but I needed a refresher course. She graciously showed me and I did a couple practice swatches with some bulky yarn to get the idea of how it would work and then started it on the shawl.

The title of this shawl, is plain and the border is just a plain border, but I just can't get over how cute this sideways border is.

2 comments:

  1. Love that border! Thanks for the advice of the salts...this morning I went out to the drug store...bought benedryl for night time...the salts and Aveeno Anti-itch...she soaked in the tub this morning...and tonight she is looking so much better and it isn't as itchy...PTL! I am hoping she will finally get a good nights rest. Those salts are pretty amazing. I think it would be great to have it on hand.

    Beautiful knitting project!

    ReplyDelete