Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Movies

Last weekend we watched the movie, "True Grit" with John Wayne. It had been years and years since Chris or myself had seen it. Maggie had never seen it. We all liked it.
Last evening we ventured out to the movie theater and watched the new version of "True Grit" with Jeff Bridges. We all liked it o.k. It is hard not to compare the two. Well, you can't really. But, I am glad they picked Matt Damon for the Texas Ranger....a little better than Glen Campbell. Stick to singing Glen.

So, the new True Grit or the old True Grit?

3 comments:

  1. Good morning Lou! Go check out my pie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love True Grit! We husband is a big John Wayne fan and so we own most of his movies. My daughter went to see the new one a week or so ago and came home and watched the old one that evening. I haven't seen the new one. I almost always prefer the originals when movies are remade, but I cannot accurately comment without knowing for sure. I just know the old one is one of my favorite westerns!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family went and saw it, and we all loved it. Granted, I haven't seen all of the old one, and I'm not a fan of John Wayne, but we felt that the new one was a superbly made period piece, and a facinating story line to boot. That's just my two cents! ;)

    ReplyDelete