Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Cabled Headband 2010








The headband after I had gotten it finished. The beginning end was held with waist yarn. When you are ready to weave the ends together, you put a needle in to help with the process. It is laying on the quilt I made for The Husband a few years ago. The pattern is called the Australian Bush Quilt. It was fun to make.
The top picture is me modeling it. I am quite brave! Now you can see all the colors of my hair-all natural by the way. A little reddish tint, some brown and lots of silver.
The pattern is from "One-Skein Wonders: 101 Yarn Shop Favorites"
It certainly took less than a skein.
The yarn was Patons Classic 100% wool.
Colorway was blue denim.
It was very nice to knit with.
My ravelry page has more info on it.


3 comments:

  1. Ooh so pretty! I have been wanting to make one of these also. Thanks for the encouragement. I did however finish one hat and started a brand new project just today. Pretty excited!

    Have a great evening,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very lovely knitting. Your hair and mine are the same color! See the blog pic I just posted to prove that! I haven't had a trip to the beauty shop for a long time! The new financial realities around here may prove interesting for the future of my hair! Good job on the knitting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't knit, you should sell these.

    ReplyDelete