Monday, December 27, 2010

Update

Over the Christmas weekend, we spent time with my mother and family, my husband's brothers and families and my husband's children and families. We met his kids and their families at the Olive Garden in Indianapolis for lunch yesterday. With six little ones, the hostess had great insight in providing us with a room in the back all to ourselves. I think everyone had a great time. I like the Olive Garden giant salads they provide, but I just have never liked any of the main dishes I have ordered. I ordered 'chicken spiedini' and although I ate it because it cost $9.95, I didn't care for it that much.
It kind of reminded me of a crawfish boil. To me, everything in the crawfish boil tastes the same. That is the way the chicken dish was, it all tasted the same. Perhaps it is my taste buds. But anyway, I survived. It was all o.k.
Then my family of three found ' Whole Foods' and did a little shopping.
Then after that we were able to get home for church at 6 p.m.
A busy but nice day.

On the drive to Indy and back I was able to get considerable progress done on my pink moebius that I have been working on. Almost finished.
Also, last Mon.Tues. & Wed. I made Chris a nice hat for Christmas. So I have still been getting some knitting done.
Also, as I mentioned before, I have a little part time job a few evenings a week. I deal directly with customers and not one of them told me Happy Holidays. Those that chose to say anything said, "Merry Christmas".
I thought that was sweet.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad I finally found someone else who doesn't like Olive Garden! I thought I was all alone! Their salads are fine, but the main courses are bland and unexciting. Every time I've gone to one of their restuarants I've been freezing cold due to too-high aircon.
    Glad you had a nice Christmas though, and it's always lovely to get together with family, no matter where it is!

    ReplyDelete