Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Pie Stuff

This little contraption lives in a drawer at the church next to our house, which we attend.
I often wondered what in the world it was.
Well, within the last few months I have found out.


Here is the handle side.
I have seen it used in the following manner:
A lovely lady searches for it in the drawer, fetches it and sashays over to the nearest pie and
pushes it down on the pie. This action leaves marks in the pie and the pie cutter has a gauge to go by when cutting the pie. In this particular instance a pie would be cut into six pieces. Or, I suppose they could also turn it a bit and make another set of marks to cut the pie into twelve pieces. Ah, much better.
Anyway, I have never used it nor do I plan to.
My mother taught me to cut pie, just cut it from handle to handle and then turn the plate and cut it again and then turn the plate and cut it again and one more time. You're done.
My husband, former restaunteer, taught me to cut it into twelve pieces.
Either way, just eye it and cut it. Half of my pies disintegrate when I cut them anyway. so there is no need to be all pretty about it. lol

Oh, but when the pies are still uncut and pretty....this little pie bird would be so cute.


I don't have a pie bird, but would love to have one some day.
They are for two crusted pies to allow the steam to escape.
They come in all shapes and sizes.
Just Google them and you will see.

Hey, thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment