Thursday, April 8, 2010

More Socks


I just like to knit. What can I say?
I would love to have my next project be Elizabeth Zimmermann's Pi Shawl. If I can get the ingredients together for that you will hear a loud whoopie from this part of the country.
I gave the other pair of pedicure socks to Margaret, so I think I will make these for me.
They are Sensations, Bamboo & Ewe. 55%wool, 30% nylon, 15% rayon from bamboo.
They seem to be self-striping. Very pretty.
I like to try different "yarns". But I like for them to have some element of wool in them.
Elizabeth Z. said that 'wool is wool' anything else is just yarn. I am sure not everyone feels that way. But I do value her opinion.
At a recent fiber arts festival, I spoke with a lady that was spinning BEAUTIFUL and SOFT alpaca to make her husband a sweater. It was lovely.......someday.

Anyway, I have recovered from my Coke/M&M coma and am coherent again.

My niece just recently realized she has 'gluten intolerance'. Do any of you have any experience with that? If so, would you be willing to share your thoughts? I would find it most interesting.



1 comment:

  1. That yarn is so beautiful! Sooooo pretty! Go Lou go lou go go go Lou! You are a knitting Queen ; )

    ReplyDelete