Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Jury Duty

Jury Duty!
I went in for jury duty yesterday. From 12:15 to 5:20 I sat patiently for my name to be called. It was the thirteenth seat. Every seat had been filled. They called my name. I thought I was calm, but when they called my name FEAR swept through me and everything started going in slow motion. My life didn't flash before my eyes, but it a very strange feeling. Somehow I got to the seat and sat down. My mouth suddenly became void of the moisture that it needs to operate properly and I uttered out a few dry words to the prosecutor. I could hear him speaking to me, but it was like the twilight zone or something. I was able to answer his questions, etc. Then the other lawyer asked me a few questions and I stumbled through them. They both then went to the judge and the judge released me.
I was so stressed out that I bought a liter of CocaCola and a bag of M&M's and had Coke and Chocolate when I got home.
There are consequences to that. lol
My walk wasn't as energetic this morning as it could have been.

Anyway, I am just a normally shy person and crowds and being on the spot make me very nervous. But if you put me with a smaller group and ask me the same questions I would be much calmer.
I think if I could have made it on the jury I would have been a good juror.

Until Next Time.


1 comment:

  1. I am totally the same way. The thing is, I would sort of like to be on a jury someday. I find the legal system... interesting. But the one time I was called for jury duty it was a child abuse case, this was within a couple months of when my daughter was born. The defense *quickly* excused me.

    ReplyDelete