Friday, April 9, 2010

A Good Time....As We Saw It


Last evening my husband and I took in opening day for the Ft. Wayne TinCaps. We had been looking forward to it for quite some time. The weather here has been exceptional for this time of year. Except for yesterday. It was cold and windy. When we arrived at Parkview Field it was 45°

We like to arrive early so we can park and stroll around and have a look-see.
This is what it looks like before everyone gets there.

This is what it looks like when the National Anthem is being sang. That is downtown Ft. Wayne in the back ground.

The sun set and it started getting a tad chilly.

The TinCaps beat the Bowling Green Hot Rods.
I can't say enough about how pretty the park is and the good job that the organization does. Everything is top notch. Truly. Even the inebriated souls behind us were polite to a point. The ticket prices are very reasonable. They put on a very good fireworks display after certain games. Last night was no exception to that.

It is a nice drive to the ballpark (I get to knit) and easy to park and walk to the gate.
When we left it was 38°. You can believe me when I say, we were cold. We did wear our warm clothes and bundled up in blankets. I encourage you to get out to a minor league game near you soon.
Personally, I think all of the world leaders should get together and just take in a game. It think it would be good for them. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment