Friday, November 2, 2012

Sheepsdown part 3

After I ran out of wool I checked around on Ravelry to see if anyone had some for sale-cheap-like.   One lady responded.  She didn't want to sell, but should would give me a little to finish it up.  How sweet.  She lived very close to New York City and Sandy was headed their way very soon!   She said if she didn't get it mailed out before the storm she didn't know how soon after the storm they would have power and it might take awhile.  No rush....I assured her.  Well, she got it mailed off before the storm and she messaged me later and said they were very fortunate to have NOT lost power at all.  Praise the Lord for that.    The fun part about this is that the computer showed a different shade of wool, which looked like it was the same shade to me....anywhooo, the shades are off but I love it!  So I have renamed it the Hurricane Sandy hat because while Sandy was expected she certainly put a twist on things.

1 comment: