Sunday, September 9, 2012

Two Months Today

I have been knitting sporadically on this sweater for two months today.  While it was intended for Chris in the size of small ( I guess I thought the gauge was right-but Not!) it will hopefully end up for Margaret.   I knit Chris a sweater last year while he was in New York working...it too, went to Margaret.  She isn't big at all, but my calculations are just way off.  So next time I knit him anything, if there is a next time, I will exaggerate the size and if it is too big for him, then I shall wear it.  :)
The skein represents that it has taken one skein (465 yds) so far to get to this point.  The second sleeve is coming along much faster than the first due to great lessons learned from the first.  

The rose bush that we purchased at half price when the green house was closing has done really well this summer.   The weather has been unusually hot for Indiana so roses must like that sort of thing.     Yesterday and today have been fall-like and a much welcomed break. 

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. The sweater is coming along beautifully!! I also struggle with gage, it seems good until it just doesn't.

    Cara

    ReplyDelete