Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Needle Storage and Mystery Wool

I have been knitting two years now.
I have also been struggling with how to store my circular needles.
I have tried keeping them in their respective packages...NOT.
I have tried keeping them separated by size in ziplock baggies....um NOT.
I have tried just keeping them all in a big giant baggie all mixed up....NOT.
Well just the other day....I was still trying to figure out how to make the storage of said needles easier.
A little container that we have had for home education is no longer needed for pencils and 'wotnot'. Well surprise! Circular needles fit in the drawers wonderfully.
I made a drawer for small, medium and large needles and so far......it works great.



So having conquered the needle problem I decided to attempt to knit with some mystery wool.
I bought this wool at my first fiber fest about a year and a half ago. I don't know the type of wool, but it IS wool. I believe it is in the 'wheel' shape and I am pulling it from the middle. I can pull the wool completely apart at 4-5 inches but can't at 1-1.5 inches. It is woolly but not itchy and quite soft.
I decided to use it to knit up a basic hat from Elizabeth's "Knitting Around". Of course I shall share the finished product soon.
** if anyone can give me more info on the wool I would appreciate it**

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. I can't be sure, but the yarn looks a lot like a thin roving to me. Roving is what I spin with--the long loose strips of wool that have been combed, carded, etc. Maybe it is not roving, but was intended as a novelty yarn--a yarn with a loose, thick texture. Possibly it is felting wool. I've seen felting wool and it looks much like roving. If you find out what it truly is called, please post, I'm interested!

    ReplyDelete