Sunday, May 22, 2011

Pizza Dough - Bread Month Four *revisited*

Back on bread month four I shared with you a pizza dough recipe from Wolfgang Puck. I have made it since and enjoyed it, but also struggled with the 'wetness' of the dough. I happened to run across "Wolfgang Puck Makes It Easy, Delicious Recipes for Your Home Kitchen" at the library and picked it up. It has the pizza dough recipe in it, page 123. I noticed that it was different than the one I posted. So now I am confused.....both are WP recipes it seems, but they are different. So I tried it and it is much easier to work with. Some of the sweetness may have been reduced but it is still good. You make it just the same way as the previous post mentions but the amounts are different, so here is what the book says.
2 1/2 tsp (1 pkt) active dry yeast
1 C. warm water
1 tsp. honey
1 T. extra virgin olive oil, plus additional for brushing the pizza crusts.
3 C. a/p flour
1 tsp. salt

I hope this adjustment to the recipe helps.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. Always looking for the perfect pizza crust recipe as we fix homemade pizza at least once a week!

    ReplyDelete