Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Year of the Pie - Pie #6 Sweet Potato Pie

Pie #6 - Sweet Potato

As we have been studying pies and different pie recipes over the weeks, I find it harder and harder to decide on the 'right' recipe to make. My daughter and I researched sweet potato pie and did not come up with the same recipe twice. Not ever having tasted a sweet potato pie or having made one, I fell back on my reliable old friend Betty. Everyone at church REALLY liked it. (we are trusting them to be truthful-lol)
We forgot to take a picture of the finished product, but these few will hopefully give you a little view of our sweet potato pie world.
Boil the potatoes for about 30-40 minutes. (a gentle rolling boil)

Cool and peel and mash.

We fashioned ours after a pumpkin pie, just substituting taters for punkin.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment