Monday, August 26, 2013

When I go down to the shop I use Kate's official looking thingy (I don't even know what it's called-Lazy Kate?) to ply the yarn.  I was taking note of its construction to have Chris make me one, when a fellow spinner said that she uses a shoe box to put her bobbins in and plies from that.  So after I used the power drill to wind the bobbins (no $$ ) I made my own.  It works great!  My first plying on my own  :)
Here is the Lady Bug and I in action. Sorry about the leg shot.  :(

View from the top.


My very own Falkland yarn. I have much more top to spin and ply and KNIT.... Yay.  So I was able to not spend money on a winder and a Lazy Kate, but after wrapping this around my arm (and then again around Chris's) I think I WILL invest in a niddy noddy to wrap it into a hank. 

No comments:

Post a Comment