Monday, August 19, 2013

.......

I don't like to shop. Period. No way no how. So when I DO shop I usually am intentional in what I am getting.  Get in get out.   We drove three hours north of here to visit the Michigan Fiber Festival.  I had no idea what I wanted or if I would buy anything.  I just wanted to see what was there.  We saw goats and sheep and ducks and Border Collies.  Chris and Margaret went off on their own while I perused the vendor's area.   Being new to spinning and not knowing exactly what I wanted or needed and being a tightwad to boot, I wasn't eager to part with my hard earned cash.  The booths held a plethora of woollen goodies from washed fleeces to rovings to ready to go yarn.  I could tell it was going to be a hard decision.  Personally, I am attracted to an organized booth, nice products and pleasant people. {I am picky like that} I guess it is because I DON'T LIKE TO SHOP, even if it is for wool.  That is probably one of the reasons I want sheep....I won't have to shop....it's already here. I would like one of each breed of sheep please....that way I have all the different types of wool I need.  :)   Soooooo, when I stopped at an attractive display of some Merino wool that was spun with tencil (I know that isn't the right spelling, but it was something made of wood), I was intrigued.   It was pretty and the extrovert shop owner pranced right over to me.   She said, " This will make you say Oh My God".   I thought.... Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vain; for the Lord will not hold him guiltless that taketh his name in vain.   This isn't my commandment...it's Gods.  So I let her tell me about the blend of the wool. I knew as soon as she said it I wasn't buying it.  It could have been made of gold and she wouldn't have made a sale.  All because I don't want a yarn that will make me blaspheme the Lord's name.     I did return to a lovely shop which was surprisingly owned by a lady in INDIANA.  :)  There were no declarations of future blasphemy.  It was a go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment