Sunday, March 24, 2013

Meet Polly (Polwarth)


 Over the past couple months I have been spinning Polwarth yarn and keeping it on bobbins.  Last Saturday I was able to ply it together (3-ply) and create a lovely little hank.  Being  a novice to the nth degree, I was thrilled to have created this with the guidance of my teacher, Kate.  Kate is amazing.   Over the past few months of spinning I have just been labeling and keeping what I spin for future reference.  I realized this past week that I should knit these samples up so that I can have an understanding of how they look when I spin them.  As I get better the knitting should reflect the same.   A few years ago I purchased my first alpaca fiber and knit a hat with it.   Surprisingly, it is our go-to hat for my daughter and I to throw on when going out.  My daughter wears it quite often.  So much so, that I thought we needed another one.  I thought it would be a good pattern to knit for a comparison.  Feast your eyes.  :)



 It won't be a true comparison because the alpaca was a 2-ply and this is a 3-ply.  But it will be a similarity.

1 comment: