Coopworth on top bobbin, Polwarth on bottom bobbin with the unsuccessful yak/silk fiber wrapped on it.
I love the different hues and shades in this wool.
While attending the spinning class yesterday, I thought it would be interesting to attempt to spin a yak/silk blend. While I was not the least bit successful (Ha!) I didn't mark it off my future spinning list. I only marked it off my current spinning list. It's crazy. I did have what I consider success spinning the Coopworth rolags I carded. I think my carding skills need to be perfected as well. I noticed several little bits of wool balls that were slightly annoying. They made little bumps in the spun wool. I suppose it will add character to the finished product. I'm thinking it will give them an earthy look. I am hoping the finished knitted project will be a pair of mittens.