Monday, July 9, 2012

Staghorn Aran Sweater by Janet Szabo

The sweater that I am casting on for tonight should look similar to this when I get it done.  We will just see....won't we.  Janet Szabo of Big Sky Knitting Designs created the pattern ( the pic came from her design on Ravelry)  and I thought I would give it a go as my first Aran Sweater.   I have wanted to make an Aran since I learned to knit and here it is 4 years later and I still haven't knit one so....here goes.
I chose Lion Brand Fisherman's Wool in Oatmeal.   I would love to raise my own sheep someday and spin their wool and knit a sweater. But for now...it must be this way.  :) 

 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I agree! I want sheep so badly and I have the land for it--just not the husband's blessing! I have 29 acres of rolling hills and it is just waiting for sheep to graze--I can identify! And....I spin! Kind of like torture not to be able to raise my own wool.

    ReplyDelete