Monday, December 14, 2009

Year of the Pie - Pie #21 Pecan Pie

Pie # 21
Pecan Pie

When I went to find the perfect pecan pie recipe, I ran into the same problem I had with all other pies......too many versions to choose from.
I had been collecting some pecan pie recipes for a little while now and had four. I let Chris pick which recipe and he chose this one:
1 C. light corn syrup
1 C. packed dark brown sugar (I used light brown sugar)
3 eggs slightly beaten
1/3 C. butter, melted
1/2 t. salt
1 t. vanilla
1 heaping C. pecan halves
1 9-inch unbaked pie crust already in the plate

In a large bowl combine all ingredients, mix well and pour into the crust. Sprinkle with pecan halves.

Bake at 350° for 45-50minutes. A toothpick inserted in center will come out clean.


The let pie cool.

I took this pie to church for fellowship meal and although I may have baked it a tad long and it looked 'old', the eleven people that ate this pie thought it was quite good. (The twelfth piece was at home in the fridge for Chris).
F.Y.I. in case you didn't know the word ELF is right in the middle of the word twelfth. Just a little minutia for this Monday morning.

We three gave this pie
(Chris and I, two thumbs up, Maggie-undecided due to not tasting it yet-that little face represents undecided)

Until Next Time
(stay tuned for the next pie....it's a good'n)
I am making it later today and taking it to a Tuesday gathering tomorrow, so I will hopefully have two pie posts this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment